AgCarolina Farm Credit Awards $33,000 in Grant Funds
Release date: 12/13/2018
AgCarolina Farm Credit announces $33,000 in grants have been extended to fifteen organizations through its corporate-giving program, the Fund for Rural North Carolina.
Raleigh, NC - AgCarolina Farm Credit announces $33,000 in grants have been extended to fifteen organizations through its corporate-giving program, the Fund for Rural North Carolina. The grants will aid recipients in carrying out programs specifically benefiting farmers and rural residents in eastern North Carolina.
Grants up to $5,000 per organization were awarded, at a reception held at Rose Hill Plantation in Nashville, NC, in one of the four focus areas of Education, Environment, Technology, or Quality of Rural Life to the following organizations:
- Athens Drive Magnet High School Ag Science Program – Bed warmers and hydroponics for greenhouse to expand the offerings of the ag science program
- Ayden Middle School – Complete vertical garden project for STEM class
- Bertie County 4-H – Moveable pens for goats
- Charles B. Aycock High School FFA – Air drying system for CNC plasma cutting system and other equipment
- Corinth Holders High School FFA – Equipment to continue livestock show team, and benefit the ag students
- D.H. Conley High School Agriscience Program / FFA – Storage area for agriscience program supplies and building material to rebuild chicken coops
- Dream Hunt & Fish Program – Build a shelter for educational trailers and funds for new Adventure Camp program
- Heritage High School FFA – Animal facilities and veterinary program equipment
- Johnston County Cooperative Extension – Expand “Fit to Farm” curriculum to improve the health and quality of life for farmers and farm families
- Johnston County Public Schools (Selma Middle) – Construction of a greenhouse
- Lenoir County Cooperative Extension – Trailer to haul cattle working equipment
- Perquimans County Schools Foundation, Inc. – Fund field trip for all exceptional children to attend the Annual Livestock Show & Sale in Elizabeth City
- Ridgecroft School – Fund for materials to build raised garden beds to expand student learning opportunities
- Washington County 4-H – Equipment for 4-H Embryology school enrichment program and new lighting for livestock barn
- Wilson County 4-H – 15 incubators and 15 automatic egg turners and related supplies for the local embryology program.
Association CEO Dave Corum states, “The Fund for Rural North Carolina has awarded over $412,000 in grant funds to benefit the rural and agricultural communities of the AgCarolina Farm Credit service area since 2005. AgCarolina is committed to partnering with organizations to enhance the quality of life and opportunities for rural residents of eastern North Carolina.”
AgCarolina Farm Credit is a farmer owned financial cooperative with headquarters in Raleigh. They are the leading provider of credit to farmers in central and eastern North Carolina. AgCarolina Farm Credit has over $1.4 billion in loans and commitments outstanding to nearly 3,000 North Carolina farmers. Loans are made to finance land, homes, farm buildings, operating expenses, livestock and equipment, as well as other purposes. Credit life insurance, appraisal services, and leasing are also available through AgCarolina Farm Credit.